HOW RUSH REALLY FEELS ABOUT SANDRA FLUKE

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Seeking a Noninvasive Cardiologist

I am actively seeking a noninvasive cardiologist to treat my stable angina and coronary artery disease using noninvasive diagnostic procedures and treatments. I do not want any tests that require the insertion of any tubes or catheters inside my body. I will not consider any invasive treatments such as coronary angioplasty, the insertion of stents, or coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, until and unless noninvasive medical treatments and procedures have been used and proven unsuccessful.

If you have not read my blog from the beginning, you may not understand why I am so adamant about this. Let me briefly bring you up to date and encourage you to read my entire blog.

In April 2004, I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease (CAD) which I was told was the cause of the angina I had been experiencing for about six months. The interventionalist cardiologist my family doctor sent me to, tried to coerce me into an immediate quintuple CABG, despite the fact, that as he put it, my heart was "in great shape." He wouldn't tell me how my heart could bee in great shape when the arteries that were providing it oxygen were 85 to 100 percent blocked.

He did try to schedule me for the quintuple CABG on Thursday, two days later. When I told him I wanted a second opinion, he told me I was a "walking time bomb," and that I could "have a heart attack, stroke, or even die within three months." I replied that I had been experiencing angina for six months and would take the risk.

I'm glad I did. I sought out the opinion of Dr. Howard Wayne of the Noninvasive Heart Clinic in San Diego. To make long story short, he evaluated me and started me on medical treatment I remain on until this day, three years and four months later.

Unfortunately, in November 2006, the angina returned while I was running to make a connection at Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris. I contacted Dr. Wayne's clinic and sadly learned he had passed away three weeks earlier. (Lest anyone assume he was the victim of heart disease, Dr. Wayne died while climbing mountains near Lake Tahoe. He was 83.)

I saw a doctor in Chicago who agreed to follow the protocol set up by Dr. Wayne, although he did feel I should have the CABG. He also thought I might benefit from
Enhanced External Counterpulsation. EECP is a noninvasive therapy.

My doctor in Chicago is leaving his practice and I can not find a cardiologist in Indianapolis that will prescribe EECP unless I undergo an angiogram. Readers of this blog will understand why that is out of the question.

There may come a time when I will be convinced the medical and noninvasive treatments for my angina and CAD are no longer working and I will undergo a CABG. However, I will not be coerced into what I consider to be unnecessary surgery by people I consider to be medical terrorists who are more interested in making money than properly treating my medical conditions.

Therefore, I am seeking a noninvasive cardiologist to prescribe EECP and follow me during and after the seven weeks of therapy. If you know one, please have him or her contact me at jeff.brailey@gmail.com.

No comments: