HOW RUSH REALLY FEELS ABOUT SANDRA FLUKE

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

An e-mail to my new cardiologist

Hi Dr. DeVries,

I am excited about the article in the NEJM regarding angioplasty. I guess it validates the decision I made to put my faith in Dr. Wayne three years ago.

I learned a couple of weeks ago that my Tricare health insurance coverage has changed because I stopped paying for my Medicare Part B when I finally thought I was off of Social Security disability last year. Well, it seems my Medicare was only suspended so I have to wait until July before I am covered again. I will be paying cash for my medical care until then. If I drive to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, I can be seen by a military doctor and get my meds filled for free.

I haven't started the Crestor yet and after talking to the Space Doctor (http://www.spacedoc.net) , a former astronaut who has written about statins a lot, I probably won't fill the prescription. I have been looking into EECP and am arranging an adequate amount of time off to receive it. I will probably start the 7 week course in August.

The combination of the isosorbide and NTG pretty much control my angina. Since my visit with you on the 8th, I go some days without any angina at all. I have been watching my diet, no refined sugars and six small meals a day, including a lot of fresh veggies and fruits. I've had oatmeal every morning since returning to Nigeria. I test my blood sugar every morning and three times on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It's been normal.

I guess that's about it from here. See you in June.

Jeff

No comments: