HOW RUSH REALLY FEELS ABOUT SANDRA FLUKE

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Another Clean Bill of Health

Two years ago, a cardiologist in Indianapolis, attempted to scare me into having a quintuple coronary artery bypass graft (CABG). I was referred to him because I was having some rather troublesome angina pains in my chest whenever I walked as little as a few blocks. I had failed my stress test and the cardiologist said I needed a cardiac catheterization to evaluate my problem further. He warned me I might need to have a stent or two put in when he did the cath. Upon returning from the cath lab, I awoke from the twilight sleep given me to find a cardio-thoracic surgeon standing over me, along with my cardiologist.

I was told the cath showed two coronary arteries that were 100% blocked and three that were over 85% blocked. He said, that although my heart was in great shape, my arteries were terrible. I then asked a simple question the cardiologist would not or could not answer, "How can my heart be in such good shape if the arteries whose job it is to supply them with oxygen are almost totally blocked?" He simply said I needed an immediate CABG to save my life.

I sought a second opinion from a noninvasive cardiologist in San Diego named Howard Wayne. He confirmed that my arteries indeed were very bad, but told me the reason my heart was still very healthy was because other vessels, collaterals, had taken over their job and my body was also making new vessels, a process called "angiogenesis." Dr. Wayne began treating me in June 2004. I returned for followup exam a year later. I had not experienced one episode of angina since staring his medication regimen. Today, I returned from my second followup visit to Dr. Wayne. I am still angina-pain-free and his tests of my heart all came out perfectly normal.

Please, if you are told you need Bypass surgery -- Get a second opinion from a noninvasive cardiologist. You will be so glad you did. You can learn more about Dr. Wayne here.

DO YOU REALLY NEED BYPASS SURGERY? A SECOND OPINION


Dr. Wayne's newest book Do You Really Need Bypass Surgery will be available by the end of the summer or early Fall. The price of the book has not yet been determined. Some of the subject material is listed below.

You will learn from Do You Really Need Bypass Surgery:

  • That you are a victim of medical terrorism when a doctor threatens that you could have a massive heart attack or die unless you undergo immediate bypass surgery or angioplasty, and that there are no other options for treatment. Are such threats true? Almost never!
  • This book will show that the heart attack and death rate after bypass surgery is 5-10 times that of medical treatment with drugs. Bypass surgery, angioplasty and stent insertion do not prevent heart attacks or death but actually cause them.

You will learn:

  • That other complications of bypass surgery, such as brain damage and loss of memory and reasoning, occur in over one-third of patients
  • That patients undergoing bypass surgery have an accelerated progression of their coronary artery disease.
  • That symptom relief after bypass surgery is due to a dozen other reasons that have nothing to do with the bypass procedure.
  • That successful treatment of coronary artery disease with medication not only saves lives and prevents future heart attacks, but can be accomplished at a fraction of the cost of surgery and without its side effects.

Learn:

  • Why coronary artery disease is no longer the lethal disease it once was but with modern treatment with FDA approved medications has become as benign as mild arthritis.
  • Why blockage of a coronary artery may really be an adaptive mechanism on the part of the heart to protect the arterial wall downstream. Removal of that blockage may actually be the wrong thing to do!
  • Why a cardiologist trained at the Cleveland Clinic (birthplace of bypass surgery and angiograms) gave up bypass surgery in favor of medical treatment with drugs.
  • Why cardiologists continue to recommend bypass surgery even though it is obsolete.
  • Why the angiogram is not only the most inaccurate test in cardiology but the most dangerous.
  • Why the angiogram should never be used alone to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease.
  • Why the number of blocked arteries on an angiogram is irrelevant because the heart creates its own bypasses through angiogenesis and the formation of new blood vessels.
  • Why noninvasive imaging tests, at a fraction of the cost of an angiogram, and without its dangers, provide all the information necessary to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease successfully.

This book can not only save your life but the lives of your family, friends and loved ones.

No comments: