HOW RUSH REALLY FEELS ABOUT SANDRA FLUKE

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Isodil Update

On Monday I turned in my Isodil prescription to the pharmacist and learned the pharmaceutical company no longer makes that brand of drug. Since the doctor did not allow substitution and only generic drugs were available, the pharmacy called the cardiologist to get permission to substitute. By Tuesday the problem had not been resolved but the pharmacy technician said she would check with the doctor again. The doctor okayed the substitution on Wednesday but the pharmacy didn't have any generic drug in stock. Finally, this morning the drug is in. I plan on starting it tomorrow morning.

My blood pressure is averaging 110/68. I want to try to get the systolic below 100 and the diastolic below 60. I will start recording my pulse and blood pressure on the blog daily when I begin the new medication.

No comments: