HOW RUSH REALLY FEELS ABOUT SANDRA FLUKE

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Why I Voted for Obama

Okay, I'll admit it. My vote in the 2008 presidential race was more of a vote against Bush and the war in Iraq than it was one for Obama. I would have cast my ballot for a guy named Beelzabub if it meant keeping a Republican out of the White House. Better to be led by the devil you know than by a proven liar and wolf in sheep's clothing.

I don't hate McCain as much as I distrust him to be different from the present president. I do despise what Bush has done to the Army I served in for 20 years and the country and world I have lived in for more than six decades.

A democratic republic gets the government it deserves. I did not vote for Bush either time he ran, but apparently he earned enough votes to get elected in 2000 and again in 2004. If those elections were not bought by voter fraud, we have no one to blame but the voters for the eight years of darkness we elected Obama to lead us out of.

Come January this country begins a new era, an era in which the names of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice hopefully will inhabit black chapters in America's history books. Although I sincerely believe these people deserve to be tried for war crimes, I hope they at least fade away quietly into the purgatory of political and social oblivion.

No comments: